Tuesday, May 27, 2014

My Great Food 15-Second Cooking Challenge

Spaghetti Hotdog Surprise is inspired by a picture of a pasta I have seen with a caption "Mom, why do you have to do this?" I don't cook very often and I just love to eat while my boyfriend is the best cook in town. Hence we greatly complement each other. From the time I saw that picture, and as the caption signifies that there's effort, twist and creativity put into it that made it more special, I wanted to cook the same dish for my boyfriend. Until the perfect timing came with the My Great Food 15-Second Cooking Challenge and it best suits the San Miguel Purefoods products, I grabbed this opportunity to make this surprise dish for him.



Here are the ingredients I used:
Purefoods Corned Beef
Purefoods Tender Juicy Hotdog (Classic)
Magnolia Dari Crème
Pasta
Tomato Sauce
Carrots
Salt
Water

The fun part while preparing the spaghetti hotdog surprise is the bonding experience I had with my 6 years old sister. We both shared on the much-awaited effort scene of inserting each strands of pasta inside the hotdog. It's one of the most delicate preparation part because we can never go wrong, we have to hit the middle so that we can ensure that it won't losen up. And everything just went smoothly and she has been waiting all time just to taste the finish product which she knows she had her share of cooking contribution. And she knows that there is a prize after all the help she have me, it's the Magnolia Chocolait. It's funny that the same favorite drink that I had when I was my younger sister's age is also her favorite drink. I really appreciate that it retained the same labeling because I can greatly relate and it brings back all my childhood memories. Of course, Magnolia Chocolait has been part of every kid and kids at heart's life.

It was my first time to prepare this dish and I have never tasted nor knew that Purefoods Corned Beef is a great "flavorful" main ingredient of a pasta. My family and boyfriend confirms about this too, hence  I can never go wrong of this statement. But the twist also rested on the hotdogs on stick or should I say Purefoods Tender Juicy hotdogs on pasta strands. It's so cool and it has been a wonderful surprise for my boyfriend because not everyday do I cook for him, but that rare instance such as this was even made more special because of the creativity and effort put into it. Indeed, he loved it together with the whole crazy idea of putting pasta inside the hotdog to look like a necklace with a pendant. Another sweet thing to share with one another. Another tricky idea for kids is the chopped carrots mixed in the sauce. As you enjoy the creamy pasta brought by Magnolia Dari Creme with corned beef and get amazed with the hotdogs, you won't be knowing that you are also enjoying carrots!

Overall, I really enjoyed this My Great Food 15-Second Cooking Challenge because I got the bonding time with my little sister plus I was able to give this as a surprise for my boyfriend. I don't cook often but this kind of creative surprise will surely be a memorable one.

To get updates about the other creative cooking ideas, visit  www.mygreatfood.com and like their facebook fanpage:  www.facebook.com/mygreatfoodHappy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment